Diatomaceous earth (DE) is essential for anyone looking for natural remedies in their home, yard, garden or homestead. This amazing product is made of tiny, fossilized diatoms (plankton) that accumulated over millennia in fresh water lakes. When mined and left untreated, this fine powder can be used in hundreds of different ways.
What is Diatomaceous Earth Used For?
Pure food grade diatomaceous earth can be used for a large number of different purposes. Here's a small selection of uses:
(1) A natural health supplement. Being high in silica, DE supports the growth of healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.
(2) A stain remover. DE can absorb more than twice it's weight in liquid. It is effective at lifting stains on carpet and furniture as well as grease and oil spills on concrete floors.
(3) A cleaning booster and natural exfoliant. DE has a very porous structure, allowing it to add a gentle scrub to your cleaners or even skincare products
(4) A natural deodorizer. DE can be applied directly to your pets coat to limit odors. It also works well in the bottom of your trash can to keep unwanted smells at bay
(5) Preserve dry food storage. DE can be mixed in with any dry food storage including grains, flour, legumes, rice, and corn. Because DE absorbs liquids, it will help keep your food dry and uncontaminated
NOTICE: In order to guarantee our chemicals are factory-fresh and untainted, we cannot accept consumables as returns for any reason.